Thursday 9 February 2012

Have a laugh. It's good for ya!!


Have a laugh.  It's good for ya!!

If you are like most people struggling to lose weight, you’ve probably gone through some hard times... Amazingly, when you just want to cry about it, the best thing to do is to... just laugh.


Yes...Laugh


Did you know that while infants laugh about 300 times a day, adults only laugh an average of 17 times?


Have you ever felt exhausted after a bout of contagious giggling? Yes? That’s because you’ve just had a full aerobic workout!


believe it or not - there’s increasing scientific evidence that laughter, which is the greatest stress reliever improving your overall health and helping you fight disease; is also an important weight loss booster too.


Surprised?


Laughter lowers the harmful levels of stress hormones like epinephrine, cortisol and dopamine, which reduce (or even block) fat-burning.


So...Let's have a laugh, shall we!!


Amish Humor


Sign behind an Amish carriage:
"Energy efficient vehicle. Runs on grass and oats.
CAUTION: Avoid exhaust!"


Danger! Beware of dog.


As a stranger entered a little country store, he noticed a sign warning, "Danger! Beware of dog!" posted on the glass door. Inside, he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register. 
"Is that the dog folks are supposed to beware of?" he asked the owner. 
"Yep, that's him," came the reply. 
The stranger couldn't help but be amused. "That certainly doesn't look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?" 
"Because," the owner explained, "Before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him!" 


A Couple of Scottish Jokes


A Scotsman walking through a field, sees a man drinking water from a pool with his hand. 
The Scotsman man shouts ' Awa ye feel hoor thatâs full Oâ coos Sharn'
(Don't drink the water, it's full of cow s ** t.)
The man shouts back 'I'm English, Speak English, I don't understand you'.
The Scotsman shouts back 'Use both hands, you'll get more in.'


Jock and a Englishman were flying from Edinburgh when the stewardess approached. "May I get you something?" she asked. "Aye, a whusky" Jock replied.
She poured him a drink then asked the Englishman if he'd like one. "Never!" he said sternly. "I'd rather be raped and ravished by whores all the way to America than drink whisky!"
Jock  hurriedly passed the drink back, saying "Och, Ah didna ken there wuz a choice!"



Jamaican Offerings

A Jamaican Love Poem

 You're the ackee in my saltfish
 Condensed milk in my tea
 The patty in my coco bread
 Without you there is no me.

 Just like coconut water
 You're good for my heart
 And Mr.Wray without his nephew
 Is like when we are apart.

 When you wrap your arms around me
 Like banana leaf on blue draaws
 There is nothing I wouldnt do for you
 You know that im all yours.

 I want to be with you always
 Like when tin milk get short
 An dem marry it with it to de mackerel
 to make sure de mackerel get bought.

 Like carrot juice on Sunday
 Mango in the summertime
 I cant get enough of you
 Please tell me you will be mine.

 A Rastaman

 A Rastaman went to visit an old family friend. The
 Rastaman knock pon di door and smaddy inside seh: "
 a who dat?" The rastaman said: " It is I and I, Jah
 Rastafari, Kings of Kings, Lord of lords, conquering
 lion of the tribe of Judah, son of Haile Selassie I"
 The person inside replied: " A me one dey yah and
 mi nah open mi door fi so much a oonu".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated.